NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
Precision Eye Care Center, LLC
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED.
PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
We understand the importance of privacy and are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of your medical information. We make a record of the medical care we provide and may receive such records from others. We need these to provide or enable other health care providers to provide quality medical care, to obtain payment, and to enable us to meet our professional obligations. We are required by law to maintain the privacy of protected health information. It also describes your rights and our legal obligations with respect to your medical information.
How This Medical Practice May Use or Disclose Your Health Information
This medical practice collects health information about you and stores it in a chart and in an electronic health record. This is your medical record. The medical record is the property of the medical practice, but the information is yours. The law permits us to use your health information for the following purposes only:
- Treatment. We use medical information about you to provide your medical care. We disclose medical information to our employees and others providing your care. For example, we may share your medical information with other healthcare specialists that provide medical services that we cannot. Or we may share this information with a pharmacist who needs to dispense a prescription to you.
- Payment. We use medical information to obtain payment for the services we provide to you. For example, we give your information to your health insurance plan before they will pay us.
- Health Care Operations. We may use and disclose medical information about you to operate this medical practice. For example, we may use and disclose this information to get your health plan to authorize services. We may also use this as necessary for medical reviews, legal services and audits, including fraud and abuse detection and compliance programs and business planning and management.
- Sale of Health Information. We will not, under any circumstances, sell or distribute your medical information to any third parties.
- Required by Law. As required by law, we will disclose your information, but we will limit our use or disclosure to the limits of the law. When the law requires us to report abuse, neglect, or domestic violence, we will comply.